The “devil depression” hits now and then and makes our lives miserable. We feel blue and gradually it becomes a habit. Blame it on life and the unfortunate incidents in life that was beyond our control. But only few incidents of life where we proved ourselves to be unlucky do not have enough reasons to lead a life of frustration and depression. This life is a gift of God and we deserve to be happy and healthy through out our life.
Trust me, it is not that easy to challenge the depression within you, but it is not tough either. You just need to love yourself and realize that you deserve to be happy! Just follow the simple tips mentioned below;
- Set small goals on daily basis. When you get up in the morning, decide what you are going to do for the day. If you are to submit a work assignment, make it your goal for the day. Put serious efforts to accomplish that job and take it to a level of your personal satisfaction. If there is no assignment pending for the day, make it a point that you do not leave anything pending for the next day, you finish your days work within the 8 and ½ hours, of course without having to stay back. This will make your everyday a special day! And believe me! These small efforts will boost your self confidence. Practice this for a week.
- Try to remember what you enjoyed doing the most, I mean a long forgotten hobby, anything you like under the sun! Fishing? Doing the garden? Reading, playing guitar, listening to music? Playing foot ball? Swimming? Think of an activity you enjoy doing most and devote an hour to that. Make it a point to do that everyday, and do not let anything upset your daily routine. This is the way to love yourself and this activity will relax your inner self and you will start enjoying your daily life.
- Engage yourself in physical exercise everyday at least for 15/20 minutes. This will increase the blood flow and fill you with energy and activate the hormone secretion in the body that is required to keep the body and mind healthy and happy. Remember, there is a very close connection between body and mind; a healthy mind can live in a health body and vice versa. So, take care of your health, if required go to a doctor for regular check up and make sure that you are physically alright.
- Do not sit idle, when depression hits, you may feel lethargic; you will not feel like leaving the bed and may sleep all day during your weekends. Avoid doing so. Make plans, go out and meet people, go for a picnic or anything you enjoy doing, but not alone, with a person or a group of persons you like to be with. But, NEVER SIT IDLE.
- At last, find out someone trustworthy and speak your heart out. You will be able to vent out your inner frustration and if you feel like crying, do that. There is no shame in crying in front of a person, whom you know to care for you. Crying is a way of expressing pain that is given by God. So do cry sometimes, you will feel better. If you are not comfortable talking to someone, keep a journal or diary, and pour down your thought on that. Writing down what you feel will give you relief from your inner frustration and suppressed anger, may be that was a hidden reason behind your depression. Talking heart to heart or writing down sometimes can bring some unknown facts about your own self to light. So do that!
The author, Monalisa Hyden, addresses psychological issues. If you wish to help yourself and your loved ones to fight emotional problems, you can log on to http://www.buy-xanax-online-now.com for more information and advice.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Monalisa_Hyden