The impact of child emotional, physical and sexual abuse can last a lifetime, unless the survivor has completed a healing process. The impact includes mental, emotional, physical, spiritual, relational and sexual aspects of your life. Abuse affects the very core of our being, as well as:
• your self-worth, self-esteem and self-trust
• your ability to love yourself and others
• your ability to experience true intimacy
• your belief in your ability to manage your life
• your belief in our own power
• your belief in the validity of our personal values and perceptions
• how we are treated by those we are in relationship with
• how we treat our children
These and many other areas of your life are directly influenced by the recorded experiences of your early life as well as the interpretations (or misinterpretations) you have made of those experiences. In the healing process you will work directly with the emotions, traumas, relationships and sometimes distorted life perceptions associated with child abuse. You will complete a seven step process to determine the main limiting patterns, beliefs and traumas that are holding you back from having a happy life.
In the Healing process you will learn to:
• Identify and release negative beliefs and thought patterns that no longer serve you
• Free yourself from old self-perceptions that no longer serve you
• Create and maintain the positive intention to change your life
• Break the karmic patterns that negatively influence your life
• Let go of fear, anger and guilt
• Identify your boundary issues in relationships and change them
• Understand how early life perceptions and decisions influence your current life
• Understand how your past beliefs create your current reality
• Free yourself from the controlling influences of your unconscious mind
• Turn the seemingly meaningless events of abuse into opportunities for learning and growth
• Practice a variety of self-healing methods and meditations
• Communicate with your spirit guides
• Consciously move into the realm of your personal power
• Open your heart in relationships and trust your own inner guidance
• Map out a positive course for your life and your relationships
Traditional psychotherapy/psychoanalysis focuses on symptoms and better coping strategies and fails to address the all-important relationship to one's true spiritual nature.
Traditional religious practice often bypasses -and thus fails to transform - the psychological conditional patterns and unconscious beliefs that arise from our personal histories and adaptations.
Both, in general, neglect the fact that we feel, sense, and experience global political mass consciousness, as well as our individual consciousness, like never before. A healing process addresses all three, therefore opening the door to true balance and transformation. Well-being comes from the understanding of the Self and others. We are each one heart of the Whole; each heart here to express its unique piece of the Whole. Knowing Self creates a sense of "I as a piece of this Whole," different and one at the same time.
The healing process is direct, focused, and combines healing the past while creating the future. You will make a subtle and effective transition to self-discovery and empowerment.
Dorothy M. Neddermeyer, PhD, author, If I'd Only Known...Sexual Abue in or out of the Family: A Guide to Prevention, specializes in: Mind, Body, Spirit healing and Physical/Sexual Abuse Prevention/Recovery. As an inspirational leader, Dr. Neddermeyer empowers people to view life's challenges as an opportunity for Personal/Professional Growth and Spiritual Awakening. http://www.drdorothy.net
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Dorothy_M._Neddermeyer,_PhD